Seek Week 2009
I was inspired by a girl who goes to my church to do a kind of pause and reflect week before 2010 kicks off.
As I was thinking of what things could really free up my time to let the Lord speak to me...two things came to mind, Facebook. Haha.
Here are the rules I laid out for myself:
1. No Facebook all week.
2. Spend at least one hour reading the Bible each day
3. Spend at least 30 minutes praying each day
4. Spend at least 30 minutes in solitude each day--just listening for God
5. Exercise each day (walks, gym, runs with mom, etc.)
6. Document discoveries at the end of each day in my journal
7. BE STILL
Psalm 37:7a "Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him..." is my theme verse.
I know this may seem like it isn't that big of a deal, but I really hope it will set a pattern in my life to not be so easily distracted. I feel a hunger for the Word and I think this will be a good way to really set up space and time to spend with it.
So, I will definitely update if anything cool is happening, but I just had to put it in writing so it feels real :)