Inspiration

I got a basket full of lemons and they all taste the same
a window and a pigeon with a broken wing;
You can spend your whole life working for something
just to have it taken away...
But love will come set me free,
love will come set me free
I do believe!
Love will come set me free,
I know it will.


February 18, 2010

Thoughts/questions on Worship...

SO this is something that has been on my mind for the past week, and really for a long time if I think about it...

I am struggling with the concept of how critical I am allowed to be with regards to worship and worship leaders.

As someone who has led/been involved with worship teams for literally almost 15 years...it is sometimes (more honestly, a lot of times) hard for met to appreciate worship that I don't think is "good" enough by my standards. Now I realize that all worship is pleasing to God's ears, because it is the sound of his creation praising him...so I guess I am more concerned with the issue of people leading others in corporate worship.

Personally, I have always been taught that excellence is not the most important thing, but that is really beneficial for both the team as well as the congregation. I have seen this prove itself as truth over and over again..and have been blessed to be a part of churches that really develop their worship leaders/worship teams to be the most excellent that they can be.

Now, of course I am not saying that I have always been perfect, or teams I have led have always been perfect...but what I think I am struggling with is the fact that I can get so easily distracted by how good or bad the worship leader sounds, what notes they are singing right or wrong...what the musicians are doing well or poorly...etc. And once I am distracted by that, I usually begin evaluating them in ways that I am confused about whether or not are sinful or not.

Does anyone else feel that way? I just get so frustrated with myself sometimes because I know that worship is NOT about me and my preferences, but I also have strong opinions that excellence is something that should be sought after when leading others in worship...


--LF