Inspiration

I got a basket full of lemons and they all taste the same
a window and a pigeon with a broken wing;
You can spend your whole life working for something
just to have it taken away...
But love will come set me free,
love will come set me free
I do believe!
Love will come set me free,
I know it will.


February 1, 2009

Let's see how this goes.

Usually blogging at late-night hours is never a good thing. But we will try this out.


Bah, I love when church services rock my night. Tonight was one of the best worship experiences our team has had I think...which, selfishly, is exaclty what my soul needed tonight.

But that is not the point of this blog, rather I was struck by something the Steve taught about tonight...

How often do I soften the message of the cross for people? Try everyday. I mean I can sit here and think of times THIS WEEKEND that I have blatantly diminished the value of my relationship with Christ because it is not the cool thing to talk about...this really scares me. It was so convicting because I have perfected this illusion, and people think that I am this outspoken, Bible-preaching, worship leading, FISH listening Christian because that is what I try to make them believe...when in actually I would probably never tell anyone that I am a Christian unless they brought it up in a conversation.

I seriously cannot stand this about myself...and so its my challenge to myself this month: to be proud and bold about my faith, and to share it with the people that I normally would hide it from. I can already think of a few people who this entails...and its scary to think about having that conversation with them, but I know that I have to. I am called to.

To close, my friend Amy was telling me about a video that was shown in her church, about an atheist who was having a conversation with someone about the Christians he had known in his life. He said something that seriously ripped me apart: "How much does a Christian have to hate me to not tell me about my chance for eternal life?"

I am that Christian, and although I don't think it is our job to run arounf screaming at people about accepting Christ...the athiest is right, do I really care so little about my friends that I get shy and hesitant about telling them the truth that will change their lives?

Somehting to ponder, its a lot to think about...the idea of literally transforming our lifestlye to be active sharers of the good news...but its also something we are called to, and I know that God will guide me in every-step that I take.



Wish me luck this month with my mission : )
Night (wow, that wasn't so bad)

LF