Inspiration

I got a basket full of lemons and they all taste the same
a window and a pigeon with a broken wing;
You can spend your whole life working for something
just to have it taken away...
But love will come set me free,
love will come set me free
I do believe!
Love will come set me free,
I know it will.


February 7, 2010

Oh say can you see...

Any singer knows that "The National Anthem" is one of those songs we hate singing because there is so much pressure to not forget the words, to hit all the notes, to start on the right not so we can hit the right notes...etc.

My favorite part of the Superbowl each year is listening to whoever sings The National Anthem in the beginning, and this year...my girl Carrie Underwood did not disappoint. This is not the actual version she did today, but it is from three years ago (when I think her voice was in better shape anyway...)

Watch Carrie!

Next, we have my other girl (and Dopplehanger!!) Jordin Sparks from last years' Superbowl. She is superb. Even though there is NO WAY that this can be a live recording...it still blows my mind.

Watch Jordin!

Up next, Jennifer Hudson. No explanation needed. She brought the house down and definitely was singing it live. Incredible!

Watch Jennifer!

Faith Hill does a nice job, her high notes are out of this world...like it is effortless for her. I also like her ending alot!

Watch Faith!

BUT I think there is not one person who can do it better the Whitney...pre-coke addiction. Let's end with her.

Watch the Queen!


This was a silly post. Not going to lie, mainly for my enjoyment...but who knows. Some of you might love this as much as I do :)

--LF