Inspiration

I got a basket full of lemons and they all taste the same
a window and a pigeon with a broken wing;
You can spend your whole life working for something
just to have it taken away...
But love will come set me free,
love will come set me free
I do believe!
Love will come set me free,
I know it will.


April 2, 2010

apathy&the cross

Have we been desensitized to the story of the cross?

Last night, some people were watching The Passion of the Christ and I said:
"That movie is boring..."

Really? The depiction of Jesus being bruised and broken for MY sins bores me?

I think there is also a temptation to the cross into this really
emotional, dramatic thing that can be compared to like...a sad movie.
It's sometime we can cry over once a year on Good Friday
and then never think about it again
until we are gathered on the next Good Friday.

But the story of the cross is for all times. All days. Times of joy. Times of sadness. It is the only thing on this earth that can truly bring us freedom for our bondage to sin.
The cross is there through it all, and how apathetic have we been towards its story and that story's implication?


But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed. -Isa 53:5